The OpenMower Wiki
Welcome to the OpenMower Wiki!
This WIKI was only just started on 2022-04-22, but we'll collaborate on getting good information on the OpenMower project collected here.
Also head over to the #wiki-authors channel if you want talk about wiki related stuff.
How to Get Started
One of the first steps currently is to browse around the discord and understand what the project is about. You can also have a look at Clemens' second video (here) of the project that details how to assemble the bot.
First: Check the FAQ
(Note this wiki is in progress and not complete yet, but we're working on it!)
There is a continually evolving FAQ that is a good starting point for understanding the project and getting answers to some key questions.
Current status and future goals - See it here
Open Mower hardware revisions, changelog, info: Here
On this page, you can find steps how to install a basic OpenMower system image.
On this page, you can find steps how to run the OpenMower software. We're doing: - Starting the Software - Magnetometer Calibration - Recording a Map - Starting the Mowing Process
On this page, you can find small HOWTOs for various things. Set here
Where to find more information
The entry points for more information are:
- The Discord for the project
- Annoncements in the Discord
- Open Mower Main GitHub Repo - Overall and hardware
- Open Mower GitHub Repo for the ROS logic in the OpenMower
- xESC Motor Controller Repo (custom part for main board)
How to contribute
At the moment, there are different ways to contribute:
- Building your own mower, testing the software and reporting bugs / committing fixes on the github repository
- If you're not scared to see the inside of some mowers, please help us understand more about how they are built following instructions in the Mower Dissection page.
- And finally, Patreon to support Clemens' amazing work
This Wiki is provided as-is and free of charge. No guarantees of any kind are made that the information contained herein is exact or correct or does not violate any local regulations or cause any security risk. Any use you make of any information given here is at your own discretion and risk.